Monday 9 January 2012

Chuckanut 50: Successful Registration!

Is it okay to not listen to what your physiotherapist says? If the suggestion is "run no further than 10kms", and then you go out for 19, is that a bad thing? Apparently things are looking good for me. The ankle is mobile and ready to go.

The last few days have been absolutely great. Today, Refused and at the drive-in announced reunions at Coachella. 14 years since Refused broke up, and 11 since ATDI. Wow! These bands are absolutely treats--post hardcore bands that defined a genre--some of the most influential rock from the last ten years, give a few. This music is not for everyone, but it sort of defines a time in my 20s that is unforgettable. These bands


This weekend, I managed to get a spot in the Chuckanut 50. This is the 20th anniversary of the 50km Ultra Marathon out of Fairhaven, WA. St. Patrick's day of 2012 will be memorable. I am super stoked to attempt this distance, and to finish. It will be a good one, but worth the training and effort. I have slowly started my training in 2012, and after taking some time off in the last few weeks, I feel rested and ready to go. So now it is time to crank up the mileage on a weekly basis, and the frequency of my runs. Today I took off after the 19 yesterday, but tomorrow AM I will be back at it, morning and evening. Life is good right now.

Some food for thought:


And, my new favorite blogsite: This is Colossal. The art pieces posted on this site are marvelous, beautiful, simple, thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment